The biocide generated by the Aquadron also removes biofilm from within the pipework system. This is key as Legionella needs biofilm to provide nutrients and shelter the bacteria, it is impossible to have a hygienic water system when biofilm is present.
It should be noted that the majority of sites rely on thermal treatment to combat Legionella, however, thermal mixing valves prevent shower systems from being treated. This leaves high-risk areas with no protection and is a major oversight on the part of many building operators.
The system provides proportional dosing of Anolyte into hot and cold water systems, the benefits are -
- The system is designed to treat all the water that passes through the system – this means that all areas of the water system get treated, including areas that are NOT treated by traditional thermal processes i.e. after the thermal mixing valves.
- The system does not use any hazardous chemicals and there are no gas or explosion risks.
- Once the water system has been disinfected a thermal barrier is no longer needed – so water temperatures can be reduced, saving energy and reducing scald risk.
- The system can be installed easily and quickly.
- The operating costs are low – indeed the water heating energy savings can pay for the operation of the system – this means that you get vastly improved health and safety at no cost!
- The system is scalable from low to high demand water systems.
- The system uses a proportional dosing pump coupled to an impulse flow meter.
- Systems can also be fitted with low level alarms and automatic remote signal notification.
- The system is designed to operate as a freestanding unit and should provide trouble-free operation.
- The Anolyte is supplied in a variety of contaminer sizes designed to maximise efficiency, when needed these can be replaced by either your staff or our delivery team.
- The system can be used on hot and cold water.
- The system complies with regulation and guidance such as ACOP L8 Verification.
- We are happy to explain how the system works and to detail the benefits and potential for energy cost reduction that the Aquadron dosing system can help you to achieve.